I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many great dads. Growing up in a house full of girls, it was always nice to have my dad and brother around to keep us grounded. My dad has always been so talented. I remember asking him just about anything and he always seemed to have an answer. Having a career with the US Forest Service, I loved when he would teach me about the forest. He always had so much knowledge of our surroundings in nature. Thanks to my dad, I could identify all of the different types of pine trees by inspecting their needles. He taught me cute little ways to remember them all like, F is for flat is for Fur, or P is for packet is for Pine. I have also, always appreciated his respect for my mom. Still to this day he is her protector. You will rarely see him forget to open her door for her even after 52 years of marriage. He has always been a man I have looked up to and loved, never doubting whether he loved me back.
My second dad, Bruce, I was lucky enough to acquire through marriage. Bruce has so many creative talents. He is an amazing artist who can build anything from tree houses to lamps. As a grandpa to our children he is so fun. He loves to put them in pickles where they have to use a secret password to get out and always has a treat for the road for them. He is very mindful of us and always looks to make sure all our needs are met.
The love of my life, Jeremy is one of the most driven people I know. He never gives up, even when things look bleak. He reminds me to stay positive and keeps me having faith. I admire him for dreaming big and digging in to make it happen. Jeremy is always so thoughtful. He often comes home with cute things he finds for me or the girls. One of my favorite things about him is the way he treats his parents. He has so much respect for them, often thinking about them and their needs. At our house, Jeremy is the best dish washer there is. I rarely do dishes at night because he gets them done before I even have a chance to! As a dad, he can't be beat. The girls can't give him enough kisses before he leaves in the morning and can't wait until he comes home at night. Jer always helps with the girls doing everything from diaper changes to mickey mouse pancakes. Living in a house full of girls can't be easy, but he makes it look like fun! He knows just how to make each one of us laugh and can tickle like no one else I know. Thank you honey, for being our protector, provider, dishwasher, vacuumer, lawn mower, supporter, lover, friend, tickler, breakfast chef, driver, watcher, shopper, house straightener, personal fashion consultant, date, sitter, fisherman, counselor, priesthood holder but most of all, thank you for being an excellent daddy!!!
I am the luckiest girl in the world to be surrounded by such great men. Thank you, all of you!

No comments:
Post a Comment