Monday, January 21, 2013

Herkomer

Daddy and Kate have a special game they play.  There is a monster that lives around our parts named Herkomer.  He comes around any time Kate needs to be teased.  It started out when Kate would come lay in our bed with us and Jer would stick his hand outside the blankie and tickler her when we would hide under the sheets.

Now Herkomer is everywhere.  He especially likes to come out on Saturday since that day has been dubbed "Tickle Saturday" ever since we first got married.  The other day it was a Friday night and Jer was talking to Kate about what the next day was.  Kate said to him, "Daddy don't lock me in the closet with Herkomer tomorrow, PLEEEAASE!  But Herkomer can still tickle me!"  I don't blame her since just a few days earlier Kate had been in the closet with Herkomer.  She came running out when Daddy had disappeared with Herkomer into the depths of the closet.  When I asked her what we were going to do without Daddy she told me she was getting big enough she could sleep in bed with me.  When I asked what we would do with no Daddy to go to work she said she was getting bigger and could go to work instead.  When I asked what she would do at work I got the biggest blank stare.  It was then that we decided to rescue Daddy from Herkomer in the closet.

She may act scared of Herkomer but don't let that fool you.  She begs to be teased any chance she gets and of course Jeremy loves to do it!

No comments: