Sunday, January 13, 2013

Second First Day






Trying to get Neeley excited for school now was a challenge.  She has always wanted to go to the Arts Academy and to see her sister go without her was a disappointment.  She tried her hardest to put on a happy face for Kayla but it was hard to keep the tears at bay. When it was finally time for her first day a week following Kayla's she was feeling a little better about things.  After her first day she came home excited for the new challenge of third grade but still had hope she would get in to the academy too.  In the middle of day two for Neeley I got the call that she too had gotten into the arts academy.  I couldn't wait for her to get out of school so I went and got her out early so we could go over to her new school and meet her teacher before her first day there.  This is when disappointment turned to fear. Fear of a new school, new friends, new teacher and new uniforms.  She looked at me and said, "Now I know why Kayla was so nervous!"  Luckily, she too got an excellent teacher.  She and Kayla looked so cute tripping off to school in their new uniforms.  And they both came home with glowing reports.  Making friends took a little more time for Neeley but now she is loving the social life as well as the new rigor of academics.

No comments: