Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Change Of Times



As a kid my dad loved to stop at the state signs on the highway to take a picture of any new place we went.  When I saw the sign I just couldn't help but think what a monumental event it was so I had to picture it!  It was a weird feeling changing the clocks.  It's like when you go on vacation and teeter back and forth on whether you should change your clock while you are there or just deal with recalculating it the whole time.  This time when I changed the clock it felt serious.  As if I was accepting a new time of life.  When in essence I guess I did...

The girls are enjoying Arizona summer life.  We have spent nearly every day at the pool or shopping.  There are so many malls to choose from it's fun to explore a new one every day.  We found a dollar theatre near Jer's office so that is fun too!

Just today we bought a really cool pass.  Its kind of like a season pass to a bunch of fun places around.  It gets you into several Diamondback baseball games, a water park, natural science museum, rock climbing place, trampoline place, paintball, zoo, ASU sporting events, amusement park and more.  So I guess we will have lots of places to explore now!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Love the suit! :) You and Lexie have good taste. BTW, there is a big sale this weekend. Between now and June 30th, use this code and get 60% off. With all your pool time, you may want to stock up.

SUMMER60

afacer said...

I'd comment on every post, but we both know my boys are currently asking me 200 questions because I've sat down for 5 minutes. So glad to see you all happy in AZ! Still feels like you're just on vacation... I don't think it's going to be a good day when I deal with the reality that this is an actual move. On the bright side I haven't had to venture through detour zone in weeks - not even sure if they're still at it. Maybe I'll head that way for old time's sake this week. :) Still missing you though - and finding ways to entertain myself is harder than you may think. Getting ready (or trying to motivate myself to get ready) to re-do Lars and Morgie's room. Maybe a can of orange spray paint will inspire? Post again soon! <3