Monday, June 24, 2013

A Fond Fairwell






Farewells were all around as we prepared for the big move.  My good friend Joni Walton planned a big farewell party with several families in the ward.  It was fun to meet at the park for ice cream and socializing!

My best friend Angie made going away bitter sweet.  She was so good to get in and help with everything from kid watching and box packing to floor mopping.  Her help and mental support was the sweet part, leaving her and my three adopted boys was really hard.  We have become such close friends I feel like I am leaving my sanity behind with her.  She has been there to drop everything to come over for the good and bad times of life.  I have been praying earnestly for another "Angie" that lives in Gilbert!  But really, I know no one will ever completely replace her. ;)  My best friend and sister Karen was also along for the farewells with hours of talking and box packing.  Her kids even helped with the lugging and cleaning.  I never would have gotten the kitchen and last minute cleaning done without her!

Mom Dopp played taxi driver to us after Jer's car was left in Arizona and  Dad Dopp came and helped us pack the truck.  He and Jer almost single handedly packed the furniture.  We were so worried about everything fitting in that they just couldn't wait for the guys to come.  It was like they were playing a mean game of tetris all day betting on whether the next piece would fit in a particular space.  By the time the real muscles arrived (Jer's brothers) the truck was done and they just got to spend time saying good bye's.

My parents came to say goodbye that day and to offer whatever support we needed.  I have to admit that when my mom and dad drove away for the last time I sobbed.  I have this fear of losing precious moments with them as they are growing older.  The more of life I experience the more I realize how well they taught me.  I'm so thankful for their support and love.

1 comment:

Circe said...

Glad it all went well! What an exciting time of life!