We have talked about moving to Arizona for years now. But that was just talk and I never really thought the decision would really need to be made. But when Jer came home from the office one day and said that he and his business partner Court were really talking serious about opening another office in Phoenix I thought, this can't be. I wasn't against the idea, it was just that we were starting to get roots where we are now and I never thought the conversation would get this serious. It is funny though, each time the thought even popped in my mind I got the most peaceful feeling in my heart. I know that home for us now is in Gilbert, Arizona. I know God has a plan for each of us and right now our plan is in AZ.
That brings me to my next question that Jeremy and I have discussed many times since we made this decision. What makes people stay in the same area all their lives. Is it because that's where their family is, because that's what they know, because that is where they get a job, fear of change? I would say the thing that has kept us here is family and a few close friends. And while we are very sad to move away from them, somehow we feel at peace as to where we are going. Each Tuesday as I visit my parents lately I have thought about what this means in regards to them. They are in the twilight of their lives and not being able to see them each week breaks my heart. I am ever so grateful for our weekly visits the past few years. And maybe a selfish part of me is grateful that my mom's health thrives in warmer weather so they will visit us often.
There is one thing I have learned over the years. And that is, it doesn't matter where we are, I can bloom where planted. Good people can be found no matter where you go. I am sure we will be welcomed in and our prayers for good friends will be answered. Whether it's being able to get a drink in the dark or recognizing a face at the grocery store, I am sure Gilbert, Arizona will be home soon enough.

3 comments:
Good thoughts. You're right, you are able to thrive in every circumstance. Good luck down there! It will be wonderful! It's good to have that peace, right?
I loved your post. I'm glad you feel so much peace about the move. That must be a huge comfort. We truly wish you guys all the best. Be safe, remember who you are, return with honor, there's ham in the fridge. :) :) :) Just words to live by, right? :)
Hey Jenny! Just checked in on your blog and saw this post. How exciting! Your family is amazing, and Gilbert, AZ is lucky to have you. They don't even know how good they're going to have it.
Loved your thoughts at the beginning. Our China apartment doesn't even have a bathtub, but it's still home. : )
Post a Comment