Monday, March 31, 2008

Overwhelmed



I am not sure if it is the arrival of spring (even though it has gone back to winter!) or just life in general that has made me a feel a bit overwhelmed lately.  The other day (as you can see from the picture) I had so much laundry to fold I didn't even know where to start.  I finally dragged it all up to my room and started sorting.  Then I got distracted by the kids and had to leave it for a while.  When I walked back into my bedroom, it was like it hit me right in the face again.  It seemed like such a giant mess I just wanted to walk back out and never return.  I finally tackled it but now it seems like it is piling up again.  How dare it!!  I remember my mom having piles of cloths in the laundry room.  With eight kids those piles were HUGE!  We used to run and jump in them for hours.  When she was done and saw us wearing something she had just washed she would tease us and say, "You can't wear that, I just washed it!"  I know now that there had to have been truth behind that teasing!  I don't know how she did it!


I don't know if any of you saw Oprah the other day with the lady that was a hoarder.  Her house was so full of things she had mold growing way down deep in the piles and never even knew it.  She had over 3,000 purses and 2,000 pairs of shoes plus countless other things.  At least I just have a few loads of laundry to fold right?  If you are ever getting down on yourself for your messy house, just watch this episode.

Ok so back to the fact that I cannot focus on anything.  I just can't bring myself to dig in and get anything done.  (That's why I had so much laundry piled up!)  All I want to do is sit around and read blogs while I eat Easter candy.  But now all the good chocolate is gone so I am left with just the blogs.  (So update often please!)  For some reason I have this mental block that if I have a project to do and can't get it done in one setting I don't want to start it.  Sometimes this can be debilitating for me.  I just keep thinking, I'll do it later.  Any ideas??  Maybe just being sick put me in a rut and after sitting around the house for so many days I just want to play.  Listen to me rationalizing this all!  

I guess I better go clean the bathrooms.  That is after I read any new updates on your blogs......



The girls all wanted to be pink princesses yesterday. They looked so cute I just had to take pictures. We also went shopping on Saturday and ended up shopping for swimming suits for the girls. (Don't you just love Walmart. Again, I got distracted from my duties!) It was so fun shopping. It brought back fun memories of shopping with my mom and sisters as a kid. They both got new swim suits so if anyone wants to go with us to try them out, I would love another distraction!

7 comments:

Jennie said...

Easter candy and blogs.... I love it! I hear ya on all the good candy is gone sista. I feel your pain. Happy folding - just know we are all there with ya and you can do it! :) Luv ya!

Sarah said...

I didn't think a person like you ever had more than a couple of dishtowels laying around to fold. You're so on top of everything,and so immaculate! No matter how hard I try, every time I turn around there's a new laundry mountain for me. This morning it was rivaling Mt. Everest in size! My only trick is to dump it on my bed as soon as it comes out of the dryer. This usually motivates me to fold it before I sleep, but I have been known to put it all back in the basket and save it for the next day. I've also tried sleeping right on top of it in hopes of a secret fairy or elf coming in the night and folding it all for me. That has yet to happen....sorry this comment got so long!

Carl and Starla said...

Ok, so your room and my room are twins! It's so easy to wash and dry the laundry, but to fold it for some reason is just almost impossible. Today for school I was searching through 'the pile' for clothes for the girls and I just thought,"This is pathetic, I really need to get on top of the laundry situation." Anyway, I've been having a problem with keeping on track with things once I start them, too. It's nice to see that I am not the only one.

Taylor Family said...

That is exactly what our living room looked like this morning. Luckily I have the best husband in the world who washed, dried and folded all the laundry for me. I think he was getting sick of wearing the same cloths everyday. Anyways put Jer to work. That is my advice. While he is at work lets go get a pedicure!!!

Circe said...

I'm with Sarah...I thought your dirty laundry bag was always empty! I have to do laundry constantly, because if it piles up, I'm doomed. I can only do short jobs, so I can totally relate on that one! Sometimes I have to set a timer to motivate myself. How old am I, five??

Kristi said...

The story of my life...isn't it nice to know all of us moms have to suffer through the same fun stuff!

Circe said...

Just checking back to see if you got your laundry done! :)