Monday, May 19, 2008

Blessing an Angel!



Lilah just looked up at everyone during the blessing and smiled and cooed.

Jeremy and his mom, Marlene

My sister Charlotte and her son Ryan

My sister in law Circe

Our nieces Lexi, Golda and Ruby

Brother in law Clint and Nephew Ward

Me and my mom and dad, Gloria and Dave

Brother in law and master griller Mike

Our nieces Hannah, Kimmi, Elizabeth, Nikki and Haylie


Lilah's baby blessing was a success!  The weather (thankfully) cooperated!  We nearly doubled the attendance of our small ward and gave over half of the testimonies!  I am so thankful to have family that will come and support us.  I was looking around at all of the commotion that was going on just for one little tiny soul!  Someday Lilah will realize just how loved and blessed she is to always be surrounded by so many people who care for her!

It was so neat to see her surrounded by so many worth priesthood holders.  The strength that encircled her is something to marvel at.  It is really special to witness one of our most precious ordinances and to have her Daddy be able to perform it for her.  I was overwhelmed by the spirit the second I walked in the chapel and saw everyone there to support us!

After sacrament meeting we all headed over to our house and had a barbeque.  Mike graciously took over at the grill and did a fine job while the rest of us picked a shady spot under the trees and stuffed our faces.  The kids had a wonderful time playing ball or whatever else they could find to do and the adults got to catch up on everyone else's lives.

(BTW, I did finally get my laundry done, HOWEVER, it has already accumulated again!  I guess the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem in the first place.  Right???  Please say there is hope!)


4 comments:

Ashby Family said...

Blessing are always so special. It's awesome that Lilah will be able to see when she gets older how much her family loves her. Laundry is never ending! I am so far behind right now that Justin decided that he was going to do it today. (I'm loving the help)

Sarah said...

Lilah looks so beautiful in those photos. I wish I could have been there...........and the barbeque looked pretty tasty, too! Glad it was a lovely day.

Circe said...

We love little Lilah so much. We are so lucky to be included in important things like the blessing. Scott claims that Lilah was looking at him the whole time, but he could be lying. :) He just wants to get "favorite uncle" status!

Circe said...

Where is Circe's husband?
Scott