Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Men in Our Lives




My heart is full of gratitude as I think about the wonderful men in my life.  I was blessed to grow up in a home that was overflowing with love from my parents and with the protective power of the priesthood.  I was then blessed to find a wonderful man that brings me so much love and happiness who just happens to have a great dad himself.  My own children have that same love from their dad as I did from mine.  I know this will make such a difference in their future, just having a daddy and two grandpa's who are such wonderful examples for them and who love them no matter what!


Jeremy, watching you be a dad is one of my most prized things to do.  Here are some of my favorites:
*  Taking the girls into the ring for tickles.
*  Secretly watching you sing songs and tell stories to the girls as you tuck them in.
*  The silly songs you create about every day life and the new lyrics you make up for songs on the radio.
*  Watching you mow the lawn with the girls on the mower.
*  The way you hold our new born babies and that cute little voice you use only then.
*  Watching you change the babies diaper.  A task you hate, but do your awkward best at.
*  The candy in your pocket at church that you sneak to the girls, yourself and me!
*  Special dates with the girls.
*  Always remembering slurpee day!
*  Shopping with you to find the best cloths and toys for the girls.
*  The cute presents you bring home from plane rides to the girls and the way you make them sit down and shut their eyes when you give it to them.
*  The good example you show them by treating me so well and loving me too!
*  The priesthood blessings you give them and me!
*  Their baby blessings, you always get so nervous but do a wonderful job.
*  The patience you show the girls and teach me.
I couldn't have asked for a better husband and father of my children.  I fell in love with you from day one but never imagined how deep that love would grow!  You are such a wonderful daddy.  Thank you!  You really do have three little girls wrapped right around your little finger!





Dad, I have so many wonderful images in my mind of being with you. Here are a few of my favorite while growing up:
* Your whistle, that distinct sound that told me you were around and looking for us. Still to this day if I hear this my ears perk up and I immediately look for you! ("whee, whee, WHOO, WHOO")
* Shoulder rides.
* Your big hand reaching back for me as I would run to reach up and hold it.
* The way you used to reach your leg around the back and kick me as we were walking. It took me a long time to figure out who was doing that!
* The fun songs you would always sing like "Water".
* All of the things you taught me about nature like "F" is for flat is for Fur trees.
* My interview to get baptized. You were my bishop and we had that interview in your bedroom. I remember feeling sooo lucky to have it at home!
* Your wisdom, the way you taught me to notice things around me and to hypothesize or figure out how they work.



Dad-in-Law, I feel blessed to have inherited you as my second Dad.   I have never hesitated to call you "Dad".  It's always been so easy for me to do so because I consider you to be just that.  I have many special memories with you.
* The countless hours you spent making the beautiful fishing tables and other fishing things for our first home.
* The special priesthood blessings you have helped Jeremy do when I or the girls were sick.
* Days at the lot.
* Fishing.
* The stories you tell the girls about Josie and the Whale and others.
* Putting the girls in pickles.
* Trips together. Among my favorites is our trip to Oregon.
* Watching you with Jeremy, especially when you fish together.
* I love to hear stories from the past about you from Jeremy. He has so many special memories to speak of.

2 comments:

Circe said...

All those guys are pretty awesome. We love them, too!

ang said...

What a beautiful tribute!