Monday, October 27, 2008

In His Memory


Many of you know that I lost a nephew last year due to an unfortunate accident.  November 6th marks the anniversary of his passing.


Michael was full of life and such a good kid.  He loved serving in church, played in the band and was a free throw shooting champion who had won several contests to prove it.  He once made almost 50 shots in a row!  He is the oldest of 4 kids with one younger sister and 2 younger brothers, all of whom have always looked up to him.  He was also preceded in death by a brother several years earlier.

His favorite song, which he listened to numerous times a day, is "All Kinds of Time".  You may have noticed that this song plays on my blog and there is not a time that goes by that my thoughts don't turn to him when I hear it.  I think it is a good reminder that maybe we don't have all kinds of time and we should cherish the little moments others take for granted.

This entire year my sister has anticipated going to the temple to do his temple work for him.  What a wonderful experience that will be.  I know that he is waiting for the opportunities this will open up for him in Heaven.

In his honor I would like to ask any person who holds a current temple recommend to go to the temple some time between now and the end of November.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate his life and memorialize his passing.  Just as his mother is anticipating this day, there are other parents who are waiting to see the day when their child's temple work will be completed for them.

I thought it would be really neat for my sister and her family to know of all of the people who have done this in Mikey's honor.  Please place a comment on our family blog or email Charlotte and Jay directly with your words of love.  Even if you don't know them or me, please do this little act of kindness for them and the others who are waiting on the other side of the vail for this important service.  I just imagine my sister and her family receiving emails from all around and then they may have a memory of something good that has come of this tragedy.  So please feel free to pass this information along.

jcgriffin6@comcast.net


If you would like to join our family, we will be going through the 7 am session in the Salt Lake City temple on November 8th.

Families really can be together forever!  We love you Jay and Char!

2 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

I love this tribute & Carl and I have decided we will go. I hope your sister and her family are doing well.

TulsaT said...

I will go in November in honor also. What a great idea!