One birthday celebration is never enough! Kayla had her birthday party on Tuesday. Since her cousin Cade has a birthday around the same time and they are both turning 3 Nikki and I thought it would be fun to celebrate their birthdays together. So we decided to turn our backyard into a corral and have a pony party! As the guests arrived they were all given cowboy-kerchiefs and an official sheriffs badge!
Then we corralled all 22 kids out back (thankfully the snow melted in time and we had nice weather - unlike the day before!) for some cowboy games like rope the horse, jump over the rattle snake and toss the cow pies. Then in came the real live ponies. There was Licorice and Spirit. Both nice ponies and really fun to ride.
After several rides each we let them go have a rest and it was time for some cowboy breakfast grub, pancakes and eggs. We washed that down with some pony cake (pink for the cowgirls of course and brown for those cowboys!)
And the last activity of the day was of course our traditional birthday pinata. All the kids had a whack and uncle Clint finished that poor pony off. I think everyone had a great time, I just wish I was small enough to ride the ponies too!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
More Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What a great party! Iz and C had a fabulous time. What cute little necker cheifs (sp). You guys went to a lot of work. I'm glad you had such a successful party.
Oh man, those horse cakes are WAAAYY too cute!! Awesome party! Doesn't every kid dream of having a pony at their party? Your child actually had one--lucky girl!
Post a Comment