I know it doesn't sound that excited to take a get away vacation to Vegas after we lived there but when you are getting away without the kids, anywhere can be spectacular! We weaned Lilah just so we could go all alone, and man was it worth it! Thanks to my sis Shauna for taking Neeley and Kayla (who just happened to get up at 4:30 in the am just to play) and to Nikki, my sis in law, for taking Lilah! We really were able to get in some relaxation. It was so nice knowing that you didn't have to get up early and we could do whatever we wanted the whole time!
We had such a wonderful time. We stayed at the Wynn hotel which just happens to be one of the priciest rooms on the strip. Thanks to our travel biz we got to stay for free all three nights. The room was really awesome. One full wall of it was a window overlooking the strip.
We could see the show at the Wynn as well as the one at Treasure Island from our room. We thought we were pretty cool that the tv and phone even said our names.
And at night when they came to turn down your beds they left you some cute little slippers by your bed and of course a few chocolates.
The bathroom was a dream to get ready in especially for the fact that I could put my makeup on without little hands grabbing at it all wanting to experiment with it. The only bad part was the scale that was there reminding me not to eat too much at that ever so awesome Wynn buffet.
We spent one day lounging by the pools reading our magazine. And the other days we spent shopping and going to movies. We saw that rugby movie which is based in Utah and it was really good. I would highly recommend it. Jeremy was so nice the whole time. He treated me like a princess and let me choose whatever I wanted to do. He knows I don't get out much so this was my big get away. We visited my favorite store, Ann Taylor, in both outlet malls, and I got something both times. It is so much more fun to shop when you wear a smaller size. (but that's a story for my other blog!) We also went in just about every shoe shop imaginable looking for the perfect pair of red shoes. We finally found them and I was so excited to wear them that I put them on the next shopping trip and got blisters because we walked so much. Oh, but they are so cute they are worth every blister. Now for a red purse to match!
I really enjoyed this time with Jeremy. It has a been a while since we were able to get away just the two of us. It is good to rekindle that relationship with another honeymoon once in a while. We had a wonderful time and let's just say, "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"

1 comment:
Great trip--three nights, no kids--awesome.
You look so good; way to go!
P.S. Let's see a picture of those sizzlin' red shoes!
Post a Comment