Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

Nikki and Clint waiting to open presents.
Jeff and Richelle got to open first!
Circe and Ruby waiting patiently!
Ryan and Jennie running out of patients!
Santa Scott
Kayla and Daddy looking at Santa in disbelief!
Neeley and I having a good laugh at Santa!

Christmas came and went so fast, I still feel my head spinning.  Like Grandpa said on Christmas Eve, the older you get the faster the year flies!  It was fun to get together on Christmas Eve to open the mountains of presents Grandma Marlene always has for us and eat all of the yummy treats.  This year as we were waiting for the event to begin, in walked Santa.  Neeley knew in an instant that that strange talking Santa with the square belly was not for real and said, "Who the heck is that??"  We had to quickly explain that it was uncle Scott playing a joke.  Most kids figured it out but I think Cade still thinks it was the real Santa!

We had fun celebrating Christmas this year with the girls.  You can just feel the magic over again as if you are a child when you see it through your kids eyes.  We loved driving around looking at Christmas lights, going to Layton park with our popcorn and hot chocolate to walk around the lights, sitting on Mrs. Clause's lap at the ward Christmas party, going to Grandma's house to help make Christmas treats, going to Aunt Janell's house for the annual Neeley Christmas party (forgot the camera so if anyone wants to share pictures!), going to Grandpa Greyhair's Christmas Concert, Neeley's tumbling recital, making Daddy's butter mints, putting up the tree together and of course watching the girls as they checked out their loot on Christmas morning.  Oh, how I wish time to fly again to next year.  I am sure it will!

No comments: