Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pie Fest!





I love to make Thanksgiving pies and this year was no exception.  I made 9 pies this year: Reeses, Snickers, pecan, blue berry banana cream, Oreo and eggnog.  My masterpiece was the eggnog pie.  I thought it turned out cute (that is if a pie can be "cute").  Everyone else decided to bring desserts too so we had more pies than you can imagine.  All yummy of course!!


This year was our year to spend with Jeremy's family.  All of us kids were there which made quite a group.  Mom always makes everything so special, right down to the table settings.  She loves holidays and spends so much time preparing for them so they are just perfect.  At the dinner we had a moment when Dad was telling us about how much they both enjoy doing holidays and how sad they will be when they aren't able to any more.  This is why I love traditions.  It gives you a way to carry on the legacy for generations to come.  Some of my favorite holiday traditions come from Thanksgiving.

Marlene told me again this year of why they have Jello cups for the kids at Thanksgiving.  Grandma Hill has always made a raspberry jello with lots of fruit and cranberries in it.  Knowing that the kids didn't like it very much she started to make small cups of jello for them.  She had several of the party sets that come with the little tea cups so she used to make them in those little cups.  Today we just make them in the clear plastic cups but the tradition goes on!

Now back to my diet!  I need it after all that!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooh, you've got to post the recipe for that Eggnog pie. It does look adorable--I'm with you...I love to make Thanksgiving pies.

And that Thanksgiving table looks way fancier than mine did. Very, very nice.

And you also look gorgeous in your picture! Beautiful, beautiful.

Ashby Family said...

How cute and clever are you! All that yummy pie makes me wish it was thanksgiving again. You look fabulous by the way!!!

Taylor Family said...

I keep checking your blog for updates and everytime I do I crave that pie. You should make that again it was yummy