Scripture study at our house is two things, short and sweet. But lately I have found a way to make it exciting too and bring in the season as well. I have been hiding our baby Jesus figure in different places throughout the house. Then I find a scripture that goes along with where they can find it. For example: I hid baby Jesus in the vegetable crisper of the fridge. Then I read a scripture about eating healthy. The girls got a good laugh about Jesus being cold but they also payed closer attention and will remember the meaning of that scripture for much longer than if we had just read it. It has been a really fun way to "find" Christ this holiday season.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Finding Christ in Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Jenny, I think that is the greatest idea--leave it to you to come up with it too! I am jealous you are having scripture study with the family regularly, I am afraid I'm slacking in that area lately. But I think I'll give your idea a try, I think my girlies would like it too. I miss seeing you and chatting. You are a great friend and I hope we can get together soon. Ü
What a great idea Jen!
Post a Comment