Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Family Run!



Neeley's school had a race day and we decided as a family to participate in it. The first race was a mile and we all went. Kate and Lilah in the stroller with me and Kayla pushing them. Kayla was diligent and loved passing the next person in front of us. She ran most of the way and loved every minute of it. Neeley was determined to try and run the whole time so she and Jer went ahead. If it wasn't for a brief side ache she would have! It was really fun to see them get into it!


Next was my race. I ran the 5k. I had two goals: run the entire time and make it in about 33 minutes. Just before I hit mile 2 I was beginning to doubt myself and wonder why I chose to do the mile before this, but then I just kept telling myself that it is 90% mental and 10% physical so I kept going and ran the whole way. I was surprised to hear my time was 29 minutes.

It was really fun and gets me excited to run more. I think I will just stick with 5 k's for now though!

6 comments:

Taylor Family said...

That is a great time. Way to go!!!

Circe said...

Great job! That is awesome!

TulsaT said...

Way to go!

Was it chilly, cause you all are wearing alot of clothes for it be almost memorial day?

Sarah said...

Holy cow, you're a speed demon! Nice work, and the mile warm up was definitely a brave move.
Was it so great to have all the kids there cheering you on? You're a great example for them.
Congrats!

Ashby Family said...

Nice job! I'm impressed : )

Carl and Starla said...

Wow! Congrats! I still haven't summed up the courage to do a 5k run...I'm trying though! I think I need to make it through 30 min. run/walking on the treadmill without feeling like I'm going to die before I try it, though :)